The objective of this room is to motivate and alert the senses (sight, hearing, taste, smell and touch). This scientifically designed room comprises of all the instruments, devices and games that motivate children to concentrate and benefit from long-lasting educational-sensorial experiences that help them integrate in society. The Sensory Room was established with a grant from Dr. Salim Ramadan.
It aims to:
• alert children’s senses which are the basis of brain cells growth
• raise concentration levels and communication with other people
• improve the coordination of eye movement, language, behavior and hearing
• lessen violence, behavioral disorders and increased activity
• motivate sensory-motor development
• raise children’s creativity and their ability to relate cause to effect
The Sensory Room is operated by specialists in sensor motor treatment, speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physiotherapy.